How do I get the most out of Engage?
Quick Start Guide
Engage works differently than the Start menu and may take a little while to get used to. These tips will help you start using Engage right away. (Please note: The “Start” key is also known as the “Windows” key.)
- Launch any program by pressing “Start” and typing a few letters of the name. (If there is more than one match, use the down arrow to quickly select the one you want.) Press Enter to launch.
- Open any web page by pressing “Start-W” and type just the name. (Don’t worry about “http”, “www” or even “.com”!)
- Start any search (Google, Yahoo, eBay, etc.) by pressing “Start-S”, then enter your search terms and press Enter (or a shortcut) to open your search.
- Add frequently used items to the Fast Launch area so that they are readily available by keyboard or mouse.
- Don’t worry about memorizing any of the shortcuts, they are shown near each item. All you need to do is press the “Start” button.
Why aren’t all my programs organized automatically?
Engage organizes programs with the help of a database that other Engage users have helped create. If you have programs that are not automatically organized, either they are not in the database or they not installed in their default locations. (You can read more here). Special discounts are available to team members who contribute to the database.
Does Engage modify my Start menu? Can Engage be removed easily?
Engage does not modify your system or your start menu and only makes one change in your registry (Engage sets itself to run automatically at start up). You can still access your start menu while Engage is running (Ctrl-Esc) or you can shut Engage down at any time. Engage can also be removed at any time by running the uninstaller.
What if I don’t like the way programs are organized? Can I create my own categories?
Engage is very flexible. By default, Engage uses the “Team” database to organize programs. (If you find a miscategorized program let us know, or join the team to be able to fix it yourself.) However, if the Team database does not meet your needs, Engage also has a local (or personal) database that you can customize any way you want.
What if I have more questions?
- Read the frequently asked questions (FAQ) here.
- You can also search or ask questions here.
- Or, you can contact support directly.